for families moving
How to Cope With Stress When Moving Abroad: Take a deep breath, trust in yourself, make a list and Start Planning ASAP.
Dreams, excitement and adventure may soon meet the reality of excessive stress, endless preparation and overwhelming pressure.
The little things… As soon as you arrive in Portugal, your SIM cards will be waiting for you.
We help you to take care of important details during your international moving process. Countless aspects of your life and your family’s life must be rearranged, cancelled or restarted in your new country.
Before you get heavily involved in the moving process, we recommend you to make a list with all the necessary steps to relocate smoothly.
We will provide detailed to-do lists regarding all the things you need to take care once you arrive here, to make sure nothing is overlooked. In other words, while you deal with your transition there, we will take care of it here.
Having someone experienced waiting on the other side, with everything ready for your family is essential and priceless. A friendly voice and face to meet and greet at the airport brings so much comfort. Getting local help on finding the best rental car deal, booking a minibus for passengers and luggage, book temporary accommodation, deal with property investments on your behalf, connecting the utilities, dealing with contractors etc, takes away a lot of the usual stress.
At Brint, we like to think ahead and therefore, you can expect to save as our goal is to expedite time and minimize unnecessary costs.
Research and thoughtful evaluation are an essential part of a successful move; but having advice of fellow expats is even more valuable.
You will share your concerns and receive advice born out of experience. When you feel overwhelmed or unsure of how to proceed, we will offer insight into the process that online information can’t give you.
Our Responsibilities. Your Peace of Mind.
Services provided by licensed partner lawyers and accountants:
- Introduction to trusted accountants and lawyers.
- Registration of NISS (Social Security Number): we handle this process on your behalf, sparing you the need to visit the social security department.
- Fiscal Address Update: we manage the address change with the finance department, eliminating your direct involvement.
- NHR (Non-Habitual Resident) or similar fiscal benefits package.
- Guidance on changing your driver’s license.
- Guidance on obtaining proof of address needed for various documents in your city hall.
- Certified translations by lawyers.
- Authentications and certifications when needed.
- Available Fiscal Study (only for relocation clients – €500).
- Planning, coordination, and preparation before and after arrival.
- Organization and execution of airport transportation to your residence.
- Airport reception in your new country of residence.
- Cell phone SIM cards upon your arrival.
- Neighborhood orientation tour as a local.
- Assistance with setbacks and unforeseen events.
- Power of Attorney to represent you in Portugal if necessary.
- Contract, connection, and installation of public utility accounts (water, gas, electricity, etc.).
- High-speed internet and phone contract, internet installation.
- Assistance with local apps for food delivery, car rides, among others.
- Guidance on obtaining Government Health Numbers.
- Setup and guidance for a private doctor.
- Explanation on navigating the Portuguese Health System.
- Assistance in procuring Private Health Insurance if needed.
- Guidance on the National Health System app.
- Overview of the public healthcare system and private healthcare options.
- Assistance with car registration.
- Guidance on car insurance procurement.
- Instructions on transferring your driver’s license.
- Car rental: local search for the best deals (client’s credit card required).
- Guidance on car financing.
- Answering relocation-related questions before and after arrival, and providing local tips (up to 30 days, except for NISS and UTENTE numbers).
- Advocacy on your behalf, if necessary, using local knowledge.
- Providing a list of important and valuable information.
- Utilizing our expertise to expedite processes on your behalf.
- Assistance in finding local temporary accommodations.
- Shopping assistance: one-time supermarket visit to show the best places to shop on the day of arrival.
- Practical tips showcasing local apps for food, car rides, the national health system, etc.
- Guidance on school information, enrollment, documentation.
- Guidance on bringing animals (if necessary – 120-day process).
- Assistance in finding and hiring contractors on your behalf (cleaning, gardening, painting, etc.).
- Translation for other matters.
- Assistance with local reservations.
Reasons to Choose Brint
The necessary assistance for you and for your family when arriving in Portugal. Airport Service Meet, Mini Bus Rental for all passengers, Fiscal Number, Bank Account, Apostille, Translations, Utilities Connection, Assistance on getting Social Security and Medical Numbers, School Registration, Driver's License, etc.
Real estate is a street asset, you need to be on the ground to understand the local dynamics to choose the best investments. We will work for you, the buyer. In order to avoid conflict of interest, we don't work for sellers. We go after what is best for you alone.
Maintenance of your property in your absence. Contracting public utility services (water, electricity, gas, TV, phone, internet), Rentals, Cleaning, House Sitting, Gardening, Decoration, Remodeling, etc.
From our Family to Yours
Arriving in another country can be frightening. A good family support company should put itself in the client’s shoes, trying to antecipate their day-to-day needs according to their lifestyle and offering options that facilitate their adaptation process.
In Portugal, you will have a helping hand to help you and your family feel at home. Count on Brint and keep calm!